Desmosedici is a compound word made from the Italian for sixteen, sedici and the name of Ducatis trademark desmodromic valve design. The DOHC 16 V4 engine is composed of two 90 degree L twin components held together in a tubular steel truss-frame, with swing arm and rear shock pivots directly attached to engine in a truly original fashion. The sleek and powerful bike was piloted in its debut 2003 MotoGP season by L. Capirossi, former 125 and 250cc class title holder, and World Superbike Champion T. Bayliss.
The GP4 really showed its stuff during its 2003 debut season, taking 3rd place at Suzuka and winning 1st at Catalunya. Maintaining the same basic structure in 2004, Ducati brushed up everything from the engine to the body to make an even higher performance superbike. While the Desmosedici GP4 had a difficult first half of the season, it began to show results towards the end, with L. Capirossi winning 3rd place in round 15. T. Bayliss also took 3rd in the final round, ending Ducatis season on a high-note, and promising further excitement still to come!
- Detailed 1/12 assembly model kit of the 2004 Ducati Desmosedici
- Model accurately depicts trademark Ducati style, such as truss-frame and V4 engine with rear suspension swing arm directly attached to crank case.
- Accelerator, clutch and brake wiring masterfully depicted with plastic tubing.
- Synthetic rubber tires look and feel like authentic racing slick tires
- Side and seat cowling can be removed after assembly allowing full display of engine
- Due to sponsors request, white marking decals are not included with this kit.
Notes & Tips:
- Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
- Ages 14 and over.
- Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
- Actual model may vary from images.
- Does not include tools, cement or paints.
- Some modelling experience recommended.
TW - Arts - Make and Create
1 In Stock
Australia Wide ShippingFrom Bruny Island to Weipa and everywhere in between - we ship to all over Australia!
Shipping CostsOur shipping charges are based on product weight, shape and size. Depending on which product or products you order, your shipping cost will change.
Larger or heavier items will generally mean a higher shipping cost.
Estimated Delivery TimeOur primary delivery method is Australia Post, in most cases they are estimated to deliver within 2 to 5 business days from the time of dispatch. For large or heavy items a courier service will be used for delivery, we estimate between 2 - 7 business days for delivery via a courier service.
Split DeliveriesIf your order contains multiple items, they may not all be located in the same Toyworld WG store. In the event that we have to source your order from more than one store, your order may arrive in multiple packages at different times. The shipping cost does not change in this circumstance.
Express ShippingWe offer Express Shipping for all items weighing less than 20kg.
- We do everything we can to ensure your package arrives in the timeframes stated however during busy periods our shipping providers may experience some delays which are unfortunately beyond our control.
- Expected timeframes only apply to business days.
- Excludes Heavy & Bulky items.