Tamiya Ducati Desmosedici
or make 4 interest-free payments of $20.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
Toyworld Age Suggestion
Desmosedici is a compound word made from the Italian for sixteen, sedici and the name of Ducatis trademark desmodromic valve design. The DOHC 16 V4 engine is composed of two 90 degree L twin components held together in a tubular steel truss-frame, with swing arm and rear shock pivots directly attached to engine in a truly original fashion. The sleek and powerful bike was piloted in its debut 2003 MotoGP season by L. Capirossi, former 125 and 250cc class title holder, and World Superbike Champion T. Bayliss.
The GP4 really showed its stuff during its 2003 debut season, taking 3rd place at Suzuka and winning 1st at Catalunya. Maintaining the same basic structure in 2004, Ducati brushed up everything from the engine to the body to make an even higher performance superbike. While the Desmosedici GP4 had a difficult first half of the season, it began to show results towards the end, with L. Capirossi winning 3rd place in round 15. T. Bayliss also took 3rd in the final round, ending Ducatis season on a high-note, and promising further excitement still to come!
- Detailed 1/12 assembly model kit of the 2004 Ducati Desmosedici
- Model accurately depicts trademark Ducati style, such as truss-frame and V4 engine with rear suspension swing arm directly attached to crank case.
- Accelerator, clutch and brake wiring masterfully depicted with plastic tubing.
- Synthetic rubber tires look and feel like authentic racing slick tires
- Side and seat cowling can be removed after assembly allowing full display of engine
- Due to sponsors request, white marking decals are not included with this kit.
Notes & Tips:
- Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
- Ages 14 and over.
- Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
- Actual model may vary from images.
- Does not include tools, cement or paints.
- Some modelling experience recommended.
TW - Arts - Make and Create
1 In Stock