Sorry, this product is SOLD OUT!See similar items from TW TAMIYA
Tamiya De Havilland Mosquito B Mk IV/PR Mk IV
Toyworld Age Suggestion
The de Havilland Company had a concept for a light bomber whose only defense was speed. With war looming on the horizon, the emphasis was placed on developing the aircraft from non-strategic materials - wood. The only significant metal in the design of the de Havilland Model 98 Mosquito was with the engines and landing gear.
While the Air Ministry was initially cool on the concept, a single champion authorized the production of a single prototype at the end of 1939 and the prototype first flew 11 months later. When the Air Ministry saw the Mosquito literally accelerate away from their top fighter, the Spitfire, orders started straight away.
Powered by a pair of Merlin engines, the clean lines of the Mosquito made the aircraft the fastest aircraft in the skies for most of the war. Its ample volume allowed for the airframe to be adapted to a wide variety of missions, making the Mosquito the first multi-role combat aircraft. The Mosquito carried a crew of two. In the bomber version, the second crewman doubled as flight engineer and bombardier. Its glass nose provided an ideal sighting platform for getting bombs on target.
Molded in light gray styrene, the kit comes on six part trees, plus a single tree of of styrene clear parts!
- Beautifully detailed wheel wells and main gear, including the oil tank in each well for the Merlin engine.
- Choice of two different exhaust shrouds or bare exhaust stacks.
- HIGHLY detailed cockpit (with the changes specific to the bomber/recce versions)
- Bomb bay doors can be positioned open to reveal the bomb bay fuel tanks and four 225kg bombs.
- Positionable crew entry door and access ladder.
- Choice of wingtip types.
- Choice of narrow or wide chord propellers.
- Length: 259mm
- Two pilot figures
- Three marking options: Two for B Mk.IV and one for PR Mk.IV.
TW - Arts - Make and Create
Out of stock
Australia Wide ShippingFrom Bruny Island to Weipa and everywhere in between - we ship to all over Australia!
Shipping CostsOur shipping charges are based on product weight, shape and size. Depending on which product or products you order, your shipping cost will change.
Larger or heavier items will generally mean a higher shipping cost.
Estimated Delivery TimeOur primary delivery method is Australia Post, in most cases they are estimated to deliver within 2 to 5 business days from the time of dispatch. For large or heavy items a courier service will be used for delivery, we estimate between 2 - 7 business days for delivery via a courier service.
Split DeliveriesIf your order contains multiple items, they may not all be located in the same Toyworld WG store. In the event that we have to source your order from more than one store, your order may arrive in multiple packages at different times. The shipping cost does not change in this circumstance.
Express ShippingWe offer Express Shipping for all items weighing less than 20kg.
- We do everything we can to ensure your package arrives in the timeframes stated however during busy periods our shipping providers may experience some delays which are unfortunately beyond our control.
- Expected timeframes only apply to business days.
- Excludes Heavy & Bulky items.